An international law firm is looking for an experienced compliance professional to join their Risk and compliance team to oversee their offices in Germany.
Their ideal candidate is someone who has strong experience of working within a Compliance or risk function within a Law firm, and can work fluently in German and English.
- Working independently on a variety of compliance projects and take on an advisory role.
- Be involved in the establishment, implementation and continuous development of a law firm-wide compliance management system.
- Checking compliance with AML guidelines, according to the respective legal regulations.
- Carrying out regular conflict checks and reviews.
- Responsibility for PEP, sanctions and background checks.
- Providing general support in complying with professional law requirements, and in dealing with the responsible supervisory authorities.
- Responsibility for the tax assessment of reportable transactions.
- Responsibility for creating and ensuring complete and timely electronic reports to official institutions.
- Supporting their Director of Risk and Compliance on ad hoc projects, updating policies and procedures and on tasks related to the introduction of new regulations/legislation.
- Successfully completed bachelor’s or master’s degree and relevant professional experience, ideally in the law firm/professional services industry or in an international environment.
- Good knowledge of the European and German legal framework in the area of compliance & AML.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Very good MS Office knowledge.
- Very good communication skills.
- Process-oriented, with a structured and analytical way of working.
This role can be based out of one of the German offices (Hamburg, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf or Munich), or London.