This is an exciting opportunity for a compliance officer to join this international law firm’s compliance team in London. In this position, you will advise various support Lawyers and other members of business functions across the firm. Some areas that you will advise on include AML, Conflicts, Sanctions and other ad–hoc queries. Reporting directly to the compliance manager, you will be a crucial member of the compliance function and a key liaison point across the business.
- Reviewing new client and matter requests to ensure that all relevant information has been provided to satisfy their regulatory requirements, and liaising with Lawyers on obtaining any outstanding information.
- Analysing conflict check requests to identify any legal and commercial conflicts, and liaising with Partners accordingly.
- Undertaking PEP, sanctions and background checks as required, and advising Lawyers on how to navigate any results.
- Reviewing and advising lawyers on escrow agreements from a compliance perspective.
- Reviewing and maintaining registers including process agency matters, gifts and hospitality, data protection, PEPs and enhanced risk matters.
- Provide training within the firm.
- Supporting the wider team with ongoing and ad hoc compliance projects.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally 1 year of experience within a conflicts/AML role at a law firm.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory bodies.
- Experience performing conflict, CDD checks of clients relating to a law firm.