A boutique Real estate Investment Firm is looking for a Compliance Manager to support the Head of Compliance based in London. They are looking for someone with a strong generalist compliance background within an investment/asset Manager or Hedge fund to join them. In this role you will be empowered to make decisions and also engage with people right across the business, and also be expected to interact with the regulators on occasions. This role can be performed on a full-time or part-time basis.
To support the Compliance Officer and MLRO of the business in all matters relating to FCA and other relevant regulatory matters within the group, to include Data Protection, and to be the principal focus for the maintenance of Compliance monitoring and KYC record management within the group.
- Responsible for maintaining the Corporate and AIFMD compliance monitoring records for the group companies as needed.
- Responsible for Maintaining the firm’s client list, KYC updates and AML onboarding arrangements for the firm’s clients.
Develop and enhance existing policies for regulatory updated and monitoring arrangements as necessary, including: –
- Assisting in the implementation of the arrangements for MIFIDII, GDPR and the “Senior Managers’ Regime” for Long Harbour.
- Assisting in the collation and presentation of compliance reports for the monthly risk and compliance committee meeting.
- Assisting and liaising with the fund management team on ad hoc compliance matters as necessary
- An excellent understanding of the UK FCA reporting and monitoring requirements
- To be a self-started and able to work independently
- Demonstrate the ambition and ability to adopt progressively increasing responsibility
- Self-starter with a pro-active attitude towards the responsibilities assigned
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Personality to be suited to work within a small company and ability to work independently