A boutique law firm in London is seeking a compliance manager to join their team and oversee their compliance efforts. The role involves working with regulators, partners, and stakeholders to achieve a high level of compliance and exceed industry standards. The compliance manager will also be responsible for implementing measures to ensure effectiveness, and achieving relevant accreditations through audit. This is an opportunity to shape the firm’s compliance appetite and direction.
- Managing internal quality procedures, and ensuring the firm is compliant with the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Dealing with other legal issues such as Data Protection, Lender standards and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Adhering to the Quality Accreditations issued by The Law Society, such as Lexcel, Conveyancing Quality Standard and Inheritance Quality Standards.
- Dealing with all complaints and claims.
- Renewal of the Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Significant experience of working in risk and compliance at a law firm.
- Excellent working knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to the operation of a law firm.
- Solid compliance experience in a law firm.