A new opportunity within a well-established, full practice firm has opened to welcome a new Compliance and Risk Associate into the London practice. The firm’s Compliance and Risk team advises on all aspects of regulatory compliance and legal risk.
This international law firm is headquartered in London, with offices across the UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. They provide services across the world, enabling clients access to the right people within the firm to excel in new opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Advising on regulatory issues and staying well informed on regulatory developments; ensuring the firm’s policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- Ensuring the firm’s contractual relationships with its clients and suppliers are appropriately documented.
- Working with the procurement team to review and negotiate contracts.
- Conducting periodic reviews on the firms standard T&C, internal policies, and negotiating clients’ outside council policies/standard terms where used.
- Delivering training to the compliance team and fee earners.
- Dealing with the firm’s corporate filings.
- Assisting the Head of compliance, by providing support on complex conflicts and AML issues.
- Providing legal support into the General Counsel/Deputy General Counsel, Director of Risk and Head of Compliance as required.
- Qualified in England & Wales, or experience within a similar compliance function.
- 5 years’ post – qualification experience within a Compliance and Risk or in a fee-earning role.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts in relation to supply of service.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts (especially for the supply of services)
- An understanding of procurement compliance issues, such as Modern Slavery Act
- An understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to solicitors
- Experience advising on one or more is desirable: Data Privacy, insurance contracts, Employment Law.
- An ability to work under minimal supervision and able to use own initiative.