A new opportunity within a well-established, full practice firm has opened to welcome a new Compliance and Risk Associate into the London practice. The firm’s Compliance and Risk team advises on all aspects of regulatory compliance and legal risk.
This international law firm, headquartered in London with offices across the UK, Europe, Asia, and the middle east provide services across the world, enabling clients access to the right people within the firm to excel in new opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the firm is managing its external facing legal and regulatory risks.
- Advising on regulatory issues, and staying well informed on regulatory developments; ensuring the firms policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- The ideal candidate should have the ability to provide sound advice on either employment law or data privacy issues that face the firm.
- Liaising with the SRA and the firms’ insurers as required.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance by providing support on complex conflicts and AML issues.
- Delivering training to the compliance team and fee earners.
- Providing such other legal support to the General Counsel/Deputy General Counsel, director of Risk and Head of Compliance regarding client complaints, claims brought by clients, debt collection actions and any disputes arising between the firm and its own suppliers.
- Qualified in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction or experience within a similar compliance function.
- 5 years’ post – qualification experience within a Compliance and Risk or in a fee-earning role.
- Experience of Litigation and investigations, professional negligence, insurance and/or contentious regulatory work is of relevance.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to solicitors
- Experience advising on one or more is desirable: Data Privacy, insurance contracts, Employment Law.
- An ability to work under minimal supervision and able to use own initiative.