An exciting opportunity has come up with a global consultancy firm, who are looking for an experienced Company Secretary/Secretariat to join their team to provide advice and support to their clients across the Middle East and Internationally. This is a great opportunity to work with a wide variety of different clients and get broad exposure to all aspects of what a Group Corporate Secretary may face throughout their career.
Business Unit Overview:
This role is working as part of the Entity Governance & Compliance (Company Secretarial) team located in Riyadh, KSA. The EGC team form part of the overall Corporate/Commercial team.
Their Entity Governance & Compliance team is a market leading global practice, which specialises in helping clients to enhance their approach to the governance and compliance of their legal entities around the world. The team in the Middle East is busy, fast growing, and has a vacancy for a Senior Associate or Manager. This role involves assisting with the provision of compliance, consulting, and governance services to a wide range of clients (both local and international). The role requires a bright, well organised, and enthusiastic individual who enjoys project management. The role requires someone who enjoys being part of a dynamic team, who is proactive, and offers the potential for both client and internal international secondments.
- Key involvement in assisting with the co-ordination of the provision of company secretarial (compliance, consulting, and governance) services to a wide range of both local and international clients.
- Taking a key role in the incorporation/establishment of new entities in the KSA and liquidation of existing KSA entities.
- Ensuring statutory compliance deadlines (e.g. license renewals, accounts filings) are met and completed on time.
- Providing support to senior colleagues in the co-ordination of compliance services. This may involve participating on client calls and preparing client deliverables.
- Ensuring effective, timely and accurate administration of client’s corporate databases.
- Assisting senior colleagues with the delivery of consulting and governance services.
- Supporting in managing projects to ensure deadlines are met, recommending efficiency savings to ensure that this is the case.
- Attending client and engagement team meetings, preparing notes/material in advance, taking notes of the meeting, distributing action plans and ensuring actions have been completed.
- Providing regular updates of relevant client information to all members of the engagement team, using various databases, research tools, the internet, etc.
- Creating and actively supporting an environment which enables the sharing and application of knowledge, as well as storing precedents within Legal’s knowledge database.
- Undertaking proposal research including identification and relevant collation of information.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Mandatory qualifications: Educated to at least A level or equivalent, and GCSE Maths & English grade C or above (or equivalent), and ideally with a degree in either Law or Business, GPA 2.1 or above.
- Years of Experience: Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of three years’ work experience in the role being recruited for.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English, but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.