Our client is a professional services firm seeing to recruit a Company Secretary with a minimum of 5+ years Listed experience. This position is to support growth with respect to Listed work but also will support the business to train other staff to gain Listed experience as well as support the business with its strategic growth, growing a team dedicated to providing company secretary services to its Listed clients.
You will have availability for a minimum of 6 months and able to commit to this position anywhere between 3-5 days. (Availability for a minimum of 3 days will be considered for the right person). A flexible working policy is in place with a person on average only required to be in the office 1-2 days per week.
With enough work to keep an individual busy upon joining, there is more Listed work to come in the near future. As a Senior Company Secretary within our client, the objective of this position is to:
- Be the point of contact for Listed Clients.
- Review and undertake work for Listed Clients.
- Review and delegate work to other junior members of the team for Listed Clients.
- Supervise, train and mentor other junior members of the team across work for Listed and Unlisted clients.
- Support the business when required across a range of work for Listed and Unlisted clients.
Overall, duties will be:
- Advising on best practice, preparing for and providing board support services including enhanced governance for listed companies (this is essential to include governance oversight, strategic planning and decision-making as well as duties such as Terms of Reference, review of Prospectus, AGMs, putting together codes of governance, keeping registers and doing listing announcements). Strong knowledge of the Stock Exchange is required to include an ability to communicate with NEDs and shareholders.
- Overseeing the day-to-day company secretarial operations across various transactions (e.g., incorporation, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes etc.) to include preparation and/or review of the necessary corporate approvals, Companies House filings, statutory registers updates etc.
- Monitoring of Know Your Customer/Client Due Diligence;
- Working on the setup and/or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
- Overseeing services to clients and ensuring operational processes are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner;
- Managing priorities and critical decisions;
- Corresponding with portfolio of clients, board members, shareholders, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants; tax advisors; stock exchange etc.;
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with listed companies with the team.
- Assisting with the development of the Listed company secretarial services offering.
- Have a company secretary qualification or be working towards one or another professional qualification.
- Be experienced of managing work for Listed companies.
- Have a working knowledge of Blueprint (Diligent).