Here is an opportunity to lead the trading compliance function within a major energy company in the Middle East. This is a broad compliance role encompassing advisory, monitoring, and trade surveillance.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure the Trading Business operates in accordance with requirements of the law, the Firm’s policies and procedures, and Commodities Trading regulations as applicable to trading activities. This role will be a broad compliance role, advising the trading business on day to day activities, implementing trading compliance programs and associated training, and performing compliance monitoring and surveillance.
- As an SME, lead development of effective trading compliance and monitoring programs.
- Provide compliance support and advice to the trading business, across both financial and physical commodity products.
- Advise and implement applicable business conduct standards and monitor compliance to policies, rules and regulations such as MiFid, REMIT, EMIR, MAR and Dodd Frank, as well as AML, Market Abuse, and sanctions that are applicable to the Trading Business.
- Advise the business on regulatory changes that impact the trading business.
- Liaise with local and international regulatory bodies along with the Group Head of Compliance.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong academic qualifications from an internationally recognised university and preferably a postgraduate degree.
- At least 5 years of trading compliance experience, ideally with some experience working with commodities products.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge and experience of managing regulatory requirements affecting international energy commodity trading such as (REMIT, EMIR, MAR, Mifid, Dodd Frank) and trading venues rules.
- Experience of using trade surveillance systems SMARTS and BEHAVOX or other similar systems.