Our client is a highly regarded City of London firm looking for a lawyer to join the commercial team and work with a client base which has a particular focus on Fashion and Technology.
Their high profile and experienced commercial team has been recognised by the Legal 500 for its long history in the industry, well-known client base and deep knowledge of the current trading environment.
The London team is looking for a commercial & technology lawyer with both advisory and transactional experience. In this role, you will be advising big name clients, including household names and multi-nationals, across a range of practice areas including competition law, consumer law, privacy law and intellectual property law. The work will be varied and largely based around drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, often with a cross border element, with a particular focus on the Fashion and Technology sectors, and is likely to include:
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements (B2B and B2C);
- Agency and Distributorship agreements;
- Drafting and advising in relation to terms and conditions for online platforms, static or transactional websites, and social media sites/mobile apps;
- Non-contentious intellectual property including licensing, franchising, ownership and protection of IP in the context of commercial agreements.
To be considered, you must:
- Be an England and Wales qualified solicitor, most likely with 4-8 years’ PQE in a commercial team, ideally gained within a leading City, West End, or strong regional firm:
- Demonstrate a strong academic track record with excellent foundational legal skills, in particular for drafting, writing and negotiation: and
- Enjoy the commercial side of the law and have a desire to be involved in business development
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior commercial and technology lawyer to learn and develop at a popular City firm, working closely with a leading partner in the firm. The opportunity to engage with partners is one of the key features of this firm, which places emphasis on fostering a friendly environment for lawyers at all levels with achievable billable hours targets.