We are working closely with an international firm that is looking to hire a Commercial Lawyer with a focus on TMT and Retail sectors, for a 14 month FTC in their London office. The role has arisen due to a period of absence, and is to start ASAP. Due to the nature of the role, it will likely suit candidates with circa 3-6 years’ PQE, although candidates outside of this remit will still be considered.
The successful candidate will join a ranked team, and will work closely with notable Partners within the market in advising clients across TMT and Retail sectors on a vast array of commercial, IP and technology related contracts. This will likely include: supply and services agreements, marketing and advertising arrangements, manufacture and distribution terms, consumer law, data protection and e-commerce. Exposure to large technology infrastructure projects and experience in reviewing and negotiating IT contracts relating to cross border data transfers would be beneficial.
Candidates should possess strong experience and training within leading City or International firms. Any experience working In-House within the TMT or Retail sectors would be favourable, whether as a secondment, a contract role, or a permanent placement.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England and Wales (or another commonwealth jurisdiction, such as Australia or New Zealand, for example)
- Ideally 3-6 years’ PQE (although candidates outside this bracket will also be considered)
- Experience and training gained within a leading City or International firm. Any In-House exposure would also be beneficial, but not essential
- A strong commercial law background, with a wealth of experience in advising on commercial, IP and technology related contracts across the TMT and Retail sectors
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail
- Desire to join a highly regarded team on a Contract basis
- The ability to start a new role imminently, or at short notice
The firm operates a hybrid working structure, with Lawyers generally spending 3 days a week in the office, with the remaining two from home.
Whilst this contract is initially for a 14 month duration, there is potential for further extension and/or permanency as the team grows, although this cannot be guaranteed.
This represents a fantastic opportunity for the successful commercial Lawyer to further their career in an esteemed team and firm.