We have been instructed by a small friendly City firm to find them a junior (most likely 1-3 PQE) Associate to join their broad-based Commercial/Technology team.
In this role, working directly with the team’s lead partner, you will cover a broad range of commercial law with a particular focus on the technology sector, advising on the licensing and acquisition of all forms of intellectual property and advising organisations on consumer law and commercial contracts including outsourcing, distribution, agency agreements etc.
The team’s clients are primarily technology companies (including suppliers of hardware, software, SAAS and technology enabled outsourcing) or technology services customers, often in the charity or social enterprise space. Besides technology contracts, you would also have the opportunity to advise on a variety of commercial contracts from outsourcing to supply and distribution agreements of all kinds.
The firm encourages lawyers to pursue their personal interests through their practice, and you will have the opportunity to develop and practice management skills, contribute to business development, and work cross-departmentally with firm clients through the firm’s strong sector group structure. The firm has a real social conscience and is a big player in advising “profit for purpose” and other commercially driven businesses which are committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment. Interest, experience, and/or passion for this ethos would be very highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and probably gained between 1 and 3 years’ PQE in commercial/technology matters, ideally from a City, international or high quality regional firm;
- A client-centric approach and the ability to build, maintain and nurture internal and external relationships;
- An understanding of the value of a collaborative approach;
- A results-focused mentality, and genuine interest in the work you do for your clients; and
- Attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates from the regions or foreign-qualified candidates with equivalent experience would definitely be of interest. A generous salary and benefits package will be available to successful applicants.