Our client, the London office of a US headquartered firm, is one of the most prestigious law firms in the world.
A longstanding member of the global elite, they have been a trusted adviser to energy industry clients globally since the middle of last century. They help oil companies, independents, integrated oil majors, private equity funds (and their portfolio companies), banks, investors, operators, sovereign investors, and midstream and downstream energy investors around the world to achieve efficient and innovative solutions to their legal, regulatory and structural challenges.
From London, the team provides legal support to some of the largest, most cutting-edge and complex oil, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and petrochemical transactions around the globe, as well as the “nuts and bolts” daily operations of national and international oil & gas companies worldwide.
The firm is at the forefront of supporting clients in preparing for a “post-oil” world; and helping the industry embrace increasing demands to clarify the implications of this transition for their operations and business models. They are known for offering sound legal advice to businesses investing in both traditional core renewable assets and in newer technologies.
Due to increasing client demand for their services, our client is now looking for a talented mid-level Associate.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour;
- Training and 3-4 years’ post-qualification experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts within the energy industry, gained at a City, US or international firm;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The gravitas and ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
This position attracts market-leading remuneration. For solicitors with appropriate experience based abroad, an excellent sponsorship and relocation package will also be available.
This is a premium opportunity to join a market leading law firm.