This dynamic international specialist high-end dispute resolution law firm is looking for an additional Senior Associate to assist primarily on commercial matters with some exposure to competition law.
The firm specialises in complex disputes, and has particular expertise in competition, financial services, and human rights law. They act almost exclusively for claimants and the client base is diverse, ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs and private individuals.
The role will involve:
* Assisting and leading in the day-to-day management of claims for damages in both the High Court and the Competition Appeals Tribunal.
* Dealing with all aspects of case management including supervision and management of junior fee earners.
* Taking responsibility for day-to-day client liaison, alongside the supervising partner where appropriate.
* Leading and overseeing large scale disclosure exercises and obtaining of witness and expert evidence.
* Showing good awareness of settlement considerations and strategy at all stages of the litigation.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
* Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour.
* Training and at least 5 years’ PQE gained within the disputes department at a leading international law firm.
* Some understanding/experience of competition-related disputes.
* First rate drafting skills.
* Commerciality and the ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
* Resilience under pressure.
* The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner.
Ideally you will have experience of actions involving multiple claimants and/or defendants (experience of dealing with funders/insurers is also desirable, but again, not essential).
This is an exceptional role within a very highly regarded specialist law firm.