A large UK regional law firm that operates in London and South West is looking for a Claims and Complaints Manager to join their expanding Risk and Compliance team. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing Law firm.
To provide Risk and Compliance support to the firm, with principal responsibility for managing the firm’s claims and complaints.
- Managing the firm’s professional indemnity claims in a timely and professional manner, advising on merits of claims and liaising with fee earners and partners, insurers and/or external counsel.
- Managing complaints which have progressed through the first stages of the firm’s complaints procedure at departmental level and which have been escalated to the Risk & Compliance team in accordance with that procedure. Liaising with complainants, colleagues and external parties; Legal Ombudsman, SRA, information Commissioner etc.
- Ensuring the complaints and claims database is updated and that information held is accurate.
- Leading and managing root cause analysis and feedback and providing recommendations for improvement. This will include regular meetings with risk partners and practice group leads to ensure they understand the trends and root cause analysis if things aren’t working and providing/directing training where a need is identified.
- Preparing and presenting on management reports regarding claims and complaints provision of regular claims management information to Head of Risk & compliance. Leading on periodic review of complaints and complaints management information.
- Assisting with enquiries from the SRA or other regulatory bodies as required;
- Leading /assisting with compliance investigations and projects as required.
- Monitoring relevant legal /regulatory developments and advising on their implementation within the Firm; assist with the firm’s policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Leading /assisting in the design and delivery of firm wide compliance training including complaints handling and claims management training.
- Supporting the work to achieve annual accreditation against the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark, Lexcel.
- You may be asked to assist others in the team or work on additional task in line with the overall responsibilities of the risk management function.
Essential skills and experience
- An individual with considerable experience with Risk & Compliance from a private practice or in house background, or a qualified lawyer or with at least three years practice experience, ideally in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to the operation of a law firm and claims management.
- Organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude towards work and thrives in a busy environment. Functions effectively under pressures and handles difficult circumstances in a professional manner.
- Effective communicator keen to engage with stakeholders to support and problem solve.
- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others
- Strong client management skills with a focus on delivery of excellent client service.