A leading global law firm with a rich history are now looking for a Business Analyst to join on a 12-month fixed term contract basis.
- Leading requirements analysis, definition, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements or user stories are complete, traceable and unambiguous; as well as proportionate and truly useful.
- Creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction where required for delivery.
- Collaborating with project sponsors to determine project scope / vision and help inform project artefacts relating to these such as a business case
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, workshops, use cases, scenarios and other techniques; or develop requirements from UX designs.
- Managing, prioritising and enhancing user requirements or product backlogs as appropriate, using change control processes where necessary
- Preparing clear and concise documentation, and supporting materials in relation to specific projects
Skills and experience:
- Experience as a Business Analyst with a proven track record of successful project delivery in a professional services company, ideally a law firm.
- Experience of gathering and managing technical details and requirements or user stories and acceptance criteria
- Able to learn, understand and challenge current business processes and help to model new processes/ procedures
- Experience in a business analyst role on customer-facing technology projects with an application development or software product development scope within both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Working with cloud based technologies, preferably MS Azure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to listen to and understand customer requirements
- Able to operate within a project brief, reporting to the Project Manager as required
- Good knowledge of testing approaches/methods including automation and deployment pipelines.
- Awareness/exposure to different software development life cycles and methods
- Producing high level solutions/approaches, requiring systems analysis and design skills
- Assisting with research and evaluation of software solutions from 3rd party suppliers and production of necessary deliverables such as tender documents, liaising with suppliers
- Able to manage small projects from inception to delivery
- A good technical background
- Experience of working on digital projects
- Working knowledge of different analysis techniques/methods, including requirements definition and specification, ERD/DFDs etc.
- Familiarity with MS DevOps
- Strong requirements elicitation skills
- Familiar with business application components and application migration
- Working within a structured project framework but also able to adapt and change and self-start in less certain environments
- Knowledge of legal back office systems such as Document Management, HR and Practice Management systems
- Familiar with MS Office for documentation
- Knowledge of Web technologies and n-tier architecture
- Knowledge of client-server architecture
- RDBMS understanding (MS SQL Server)
- Familiar with Windows 10
- Familiar with ITIL, Prince 2, Agile