This opportunity offers the chance to join an internationally recognised FTSE 100 law firm, and advise the team’s Business Acceptance Unit within the firm’s Office of General Counsel. The team undertakes AML, CDD and other assessments on new clients. Your role within the team will be to advise Partners and fee earners on the firms regulatory, AML and Compliance obligations.
- Employing a working understanding of the AML regulations in relation to the firm’s operational jurisdictions under the supervision of the BAU Manager/AML Team.
- Performing AML/CDD checks on all new and appropriate existing client instructions.
- Advising Partners and Associates on specific CDD requirements, client of record, best practice, and other related AML queries.
- Providing support to the BAU New Clients/AML Assistants.
- Drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) under the supervision of BAU Manager, AML Team and the MLRO.
- Experience of working in a comparable role within a legal environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant areas of law and regulations, such as The Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Regulations, US sanctions and the SRA Code of Conduct 2019.
- Ability to adopt a risk-based approach, ensuring the firm remains compliant with applicable regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, liaising with fee earners and Partners to provide advice and build good working relationships.