Our client, a fast-growing and ambitious international law, has a client base which spans a range of household name clients operating across a variety of sectors. The firm’s team-oriented culture defines the firm – they hire for cultural fit based on it.
The firm’s Banking & Finance team advises a diverse client base, including financial institutions, funds and corporate clients (including borrowers and sponsors) both nationally and internationally.
Partners in the group are all relatively new to the firm, attracted from much larger competitors by the platform, the firm’s growth trajectory, and the quality of the firm’s work and client base. The team is now very stable, and going places. They’ve built a culture of quality people who trust each other, and are collegiate, collaborative, and likeminded. The team is a great place to be, and they’re winning an extraordinary amount of work in diverse sectors.
The London team are now looking for several mid-level Associates to bridge the gap between incoming September NQ and current Junior Associates and more Senior Associates and Partners. These are very much growth hires, and in the team you will be exposed to a range of high quality work across the spectrum of banking and finance matters and asset classes. Work available includes corporate lending, general banking, leverage and structured finance, real estate and project finance, asset-based lending, fund finance, debt loan transactions and restructuring work. The team are building a strong reputation in the energy sector for energy finance work.
In order to be considered, you will have:
• Strong academics.
• Training and ideally 3-4 years’ post-qualification experience gained from within the Banking & Finance department of a City, West End, or international law firm.
• Tangible, high quality experience of transactional banking (both lender and borrower – note that specialism in a particular area is not required but will not be seen as a negative).
• Demonstrable technical and commercial expertise.
• The ability to deliver excellent product and advice within required time frames.
• Strong personal skills including excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to maintain enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
In addition to the above, to succeed in your application and thrive at the firm you should be career oriented and have a desire to succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join a firm which is very much on the upward trajectory.