Our client, a fast-growing and ambitious international law, has a client base which spans a range of household name clients operating across a variety of sectors. The firm’s team-oriented culture defines the firm – they hire for cultural fit based on it.
The firm’s Banking & Finance team advises financial institutions (in various roles including senior, mezzanine and junior), funds and corporate clients (including borrowers and sponsors) both nationally and internationally. The practice is known for their commercial approach, exceptional client service and ensuring that all team members can access and participate in high-quality work from and with clients operating across a variety of business and asset sectors. The team is now seeking to recruit a number of Associates who will support the international and national banking group working with a number of specialist banking teams across the firm.
In this role you’ll be exposed to a range of high quality work across the spectrum of banking and finance work and asset classes including corporate lending, general banking, leverage and structured finance, real estate and project finance, energy and structured asset finance, asset-based lending, fund finance, debt loan transactions and restructuring work.
In order to be considered, you will have:
- Strong academics.
- Training and probably between 2 and 5 years’ post-qualification experience gained from within the Banking & Finance department of a City, international, or market-leading regional law firm.
- Tangible, high quality experience of transactional banking (both lender and borrower – note that specialism in a particular area is not required but will not be seen as a negative).
- Demonstrable technical and commercial expertise.
- The ability to deliver excellent product and advice within required time frames.
- Strong personal skills including excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to maintain enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
In addition to the above, to succeed in your application and thrive at the firm you should be career oriented and have a desire to succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join a firm which is very much on the upward trajectory.