Our client is a fast-growing and very highly regarded international law firm. They are renowned for their market-leading insurance litigation practice.
Their specialist aviation liability group is an important part of the firm, which helps insurance companies and their insured clients defend a range of often multijurisdictional aviation-related insurance claims, including those involving airlines, airports, cargo, hull claims, personal injury, major accidents, and insurance coverage issues. You’ll also have exposure to reinsurance and subrogated claims. This is a broad, interesting, and meaty caseload, operating at the top of the market for this kind of work.
In particular they are now looking for several additional Senior Associate (6+ PQE) insurance coverage litigators to join and assist particularly with large multi-jurisdictional matters stemming from losses caused by international geopolitical movements.
In order to be considered for one of these roles, you will probably have:
- Strong academics/training and at least 6 years’ post-qualification experience in aviation insurance litigation, gained from a well-regarded international, City, or regional firm, or in-house team.
- Knowledge, experience, and a genuine interest in the aviation industry and related insurance litigation (in all its many forms).
- Well-developed legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills; foundation level people management and business development skills.
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
While this is a defence insurance role focused on coverage work, high quality candidates with contentious insurance coverage experience (even if not Aviation) and litigators with any more general insurance experience will be considered. Litigators without insurance experience, but with knowledge and interest in the aviation industry may also fit the bill.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a market leader.