Our client is a well established international law firm with offices across the world.
They are well known for providing a full range of market-leading legal services across their chosen sectors and are particularly highly regarded in the world of transportation.
Their Aviation group is known for handling some of the most complex and high value work in the world. Almost all of the transactions they’re instructed on include a cross-border element, and they advise a mix of clients on both lender and borrower side on operating and finance leases (both tax and non-tax based); sale and purchase of leasing companies; sale and purchase of aircraft portfolios and lease transfers; procurement contracts with airframe and engine manufacturers, and maintenance support arrangements; pre-delivery payment financing; vendor leasing documentation including lease/rental agreements and programme agreements receivables financing; currency swaps and other hedging arrangements; asset sale and purchase (including sale and leaseback); aircraft repossessions; airline restructurings and insolvencies; and insurance issues.
Clients include a range of banks and other financial institutions, governments, private investors, owners, operators and arrangers.
The firm is known for taking care of its Associates’ careers and promoting strongly from within. Due to ongoing demand for their services, the Group are now looking to add an additional Junior – mid-level Associate, most likely between 1 and 4 years’ PQE.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Excellent academics;
- Training and with between 1 and 4 years’ post-qualification experience in Aviation finance work, ideally from a City or international law firm (foreign-qualified lawyers with relevant PQE would also be considered);
- Proven technical skills in non-contentious aviation financing, leasing, and related transactions;
- A well-practiced understanding of the aviation sector;
- Relevant and significant experience of acting on major, multi-party transactions, internationally, domestically or both;
- Strong legal, analytical and transaction management and execution skills; and
- A proactive and confident attitude with a high level of initiative.