A Major international Law firm is looking for a specialist AML/Sanctions Lawyer to join their General Counsels office in London.
This new role is as a member of the Office of General Counsel working with current team members and other firm departments to supervise and manage AML and sanctions compliance across the firm’s offices, as well as substantive internal KYC requirements of the firm’s new business intake process.
Key AML and sanctions responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and updating AML and sanctions policies, controls and procedures, and AML and sanctions risk assessments.
- Supervising AML client due diligence and compliance with internal sanctions procedures.
- Working with the global AML team and the new business intake team to develop new systems to maintain and update AML and sanctions records.
- Responding to questionnaires and managing audits.
Key new business intake/KYC responsibilities include:
- Working with the firm’s General Counsel and other members of the firm’s New Matter Committee to coordinate AML and sanctions clearance with other KYC processes.
- Working with other areas within the firm (including Records and Knowledge Management) to help streamline existing KYC processes, integrate them with AML and sanctions processes, and maintain and develop effective record keeping systems.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- UK qualified lawyer or licensed to practice as an attorney in a US jurisdiction.
- Previous AML and sanctions experience.
- Working knowledge of anti-money laundering and sanctions legislation across the globe, in particular, in the UK, Germany, France, Luxembourg and Hong Kong.