A leading UK and international law firm with 80+ partners and over 400 people in total, with offices in both London and Leeds are looking for an Application Engineer. Recently making a large move into progressing their digital capabilities, this will be a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of internal systems whilst working closely with all other departments, collaborating and offering insight and knowledge on firm-wide projects.
Overall, the ideal candidate for this role should be highly motivated, able to adapt to changing IT environments, and have a strong desire to learn and develop their skills. They should be excited about the variety and job diversity that comes with working in a fast-paced legal environment.
In addition to having the necessary skills and experience, the right candidate for this position should also possess the right aptitude. This means having a positive attitude, being adaptable and able to learn quickly, being a team player, and having strong communication skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of TSQL and scripting, supporting the SQL server environment, tuning queries for optimal performance, and identifying and resolving faults.
- Producing reports with accuracy, using SSRS or PowerBI.
- Possess demonstrable knowledge and experience with data and API.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures, network/web-related protocols, and security elements.
- Writing and producing of technical documentation and scripting using Powershell
- Server Maintenance, including OS up to Windows Server 2019.
- Experience and understanding of legal applications.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developing automated workflow processes using K2, and integrations using third-party applications (Intapp Integrate).
- Designing and develop reports, using SSRS (until the migration to Power BI is complete).
- Installing and maintain MS SQL, writing TSQL queries, developing applications to interface with SQL databases, design and create databases, stored procedures, views, triggers, and indexes.
- Managing changes and releases of applications, systems upgrades, and reports.
- Liaising with project stakeholders to develop new processes and applications based on given requirements, while utilizing available technologies.
- Taking ownership of, analyse, and problem-solve all application and system issues, escalating them to third-party support desks as required.
- Developing and maintain documentation and draw up test scripts, carrying out acceptance testing for enhancements and change requests.
- Maintaining support tickets assigned to the App/Dev team, providing additional support and troubleshooting as required.
- Well-organised, shows initiative, prioritising tasks appropriately, paying attention to detail, managing own workload, and meeting deadlines.
- Delivers helpful internal services with a “can do” approach, demonstrating commercial awareness, and represent the department/firm appropriately.
- Shares information and ideas, accepting and following instructions, listening, making notes, asking appropriate questions, and cooperating with others.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making skills and act within boundaries.
- Shows commitment, passion, and enthusiasm.
- Be a respectful, reliable, and supportive team player, reflecting the firm’s culture.
The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for 2 days a week, with 3 days in the office.
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career.