Our client is offering the exciting opportunity for an Analyst Programmer to join their team in Glasgow.
This is a great opportunity, where you will develop new software applications in partnership with other members of the development team, business analysts, and technical architects.
- Liaising with business users as required within the role, maintaining a high level of service within all aspects of the individual’s work
- Working collaboratively as part of a team or individually to achieve business outcomes, maintaining constructive working relationships with IT peers
- Upgrading existing software as the organisation’s needs change
- Testing software to ensure the code is correct, fixing errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the program until it produces the correct results
- Providing 3rd level support to commercial, in-house developed and n-tier applications
Skills & Experience:
- Commercial experience in C# with a good level of knowledge in web development technologies, including .NET MVC 5 as well as .NET Core and SQL
- A tertiary qualification in a software development subject or able to demonstrate equivalent commercial experience.
- Creating and updating technical documentation
- Familiarity with the structure of a modern enterprise development team, including using a version control system, agile development practices and working with a formal test and QA team
- Experience in developing and maintaining websites and applications on the Azure platform
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, as well as experience in streamlining deployments with continuous integration and continuous deployment and use of supporting tools e.g. Azure DevOps
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs