An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading, global law firm as analyst developer. This role would suit a developer with strong programming experience who is looking for the opportunity to build and enhance applications. Main responsibilities will include analysing requirements, designing, developing and testing robust IT systems to support the firm’s rapid expansion.
This role sits within the Business Systems team so you will be developing, enhancing and supporting business applications alongside a team of finance and systems analysts. Report design / information visualisation will be important alongside strong design, UI, development and SQL skills. The analyst developer will assess overall requirements, determine different options for how it might be engineered, indicate data flows, and highlight dependencies on external systems. You will prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation, and describe data that can be used to test solutions. There is also a strong element of troubleshooting involved in the role.
The Analyst Developer will ideally have familiarity with legal business processes and the sort of IT systems that support them, knowledge of Elite Enterprise and the Intapp product suite would be an advantage.
Main areas of focus:
- Delivering IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborating with project managers to ensure that applications are delivered in the timescales expected
- Helping to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm’s deployment strategy
- Preparing technical documentation as required
- Providing support to live systems
- Working with and helping direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outlines and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
Technical skills required:
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Data integration experience is an advantage
- Report design / SSRS & Power BI experience.
- Good knowledge of XML.
- Experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
To be considered for this role you will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive. It is also important that you have strong prioritisation and organisational skills and that you can work well under pressure.
The company is offering a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.