A Northern-based law firm is seeking an AML Analyst to join the Risk & Compliance team to navigate AML & CTF risks. The role will primarily be to analyse and assist with maintaining and updating the firm’s AML client due diligence records. This can be based out of the Leeds, Sheffield or York office, and will provide exposure across a broad scope of their compliance function and enable engagement with senior stakeholders in the firm. This is an excellent opportunity if you are interested in an AML career, and looking for your next step of progression.
- Reviewing, summarising, and organising AML client due diligence records.
- Carrying out background research on clients when further investigation proves necessary.
- Aiding the team when preparing the firm for AML audits.
- Providing general support to AML team members.
- Identifying and escalating non-compliant issues to the firm’s MLRO or a Deputy MLRO, liaising with relevant parties as necessary.
- Monitoring for changes to those countries assessed as high-risk jurisdictions and jurisdictions under increased monitoring.
- Supporting the development of a strong compliance culture.
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- Legal qualifications preferable
- Experience within a Law Firm would be an asset.
- Strong communication, analytical and organisational skills.