We are working with a number of “dispersed” or “fee share” law firms in London; some newly wrought, some well-established. All bring flexibility and efficiency ahead of many more traditional rivals, which has made the “fee share” firm popular with their Partners and their Partners’ clients.
All of these firms would describe themselves as collaborative, entrepreneurial and ambitious. Most offer the same range of services, and some approaching the scale which clients have come to expect from more traditional firms, using technology and modern working practices to allow Lawyers a more bespoke, dynamic, and efficient way of delivering legal services to their clients.
We are working with one of these firms which distinguishes itself by prizing teamwork and connected success above individual Partner billings. The firm was founded and is managed by experienced “fee share” firm practitioners, who have operated at the top level of both traditional and fee share firm businesses for many years. They formed our client firm to offer a collaborative culture they felt was missing from other fee share firms with which they’d had experience. They hire based on this shared culture (excluding “star” billers with significant business who they feel would not fit) , and have exited Partners who are not contributing to the collaborative working environment. This focus on collaboration and shared success distinguishes them from the herd of fee share firms.
Our client may suit you if:
- You are an experienced lawyer.
- You are frustrated by the politics and administrative burden which sometimes comes with Partnership at a traditional law firm.
- You want to offer your clients a responsive, commercial, and cost-effective legal service in a flexible and value-added manner.
- You are entrepreneurial, and have strong levels of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- You share the firm’s belief that success is shared, and sharing promotes success.
- You have a background in advising clients relating to one of more areas of law including: Asset Finance; Asset Management/Funds; Aviation; Banking & Finance; Biotech; Capital Markets; Competition; Construction; Commercial; Compliance; Corporate; Corporate Secretarial; Data Protection; Derivatives; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Energy; Environment/Planning; Financial Services; Infrastructure; Insolvency & Restructuring; Insurance; IP/IT; ISDA; Islamic Finance; Litigation; Logistics; Media; Off Shore; Patents; Pensions; Private Client; Private Equity; Procurement; Professional Negligence; Project Finance; Commercial Property; Residential Property; Regulatory; Shipping; Structured Finance; Tax; Telecommunications; Transport; Trusts; US Securities.
It’s not necessary that you currently hold the “Partner” badge, but you must have a strong personal following and/or book of contacts. Our client has years of experience helping new Partners make the transition, and a dedicated process to assist you in making the most out of your existing networks, as well as plugging you into the wider firm which is incentivised to ensure you succeed.